Friday, September 21, 2018

Mabon Spell for Healing and Moving Forward


Date to Perform: September 21st to September 29th.
Setting: Evening, preferably sunset. Outside would be better, but in front of your altar is fine.
Supplies: Lighter, small bowl or burning dish or cauldron, three leaves - preferably older leaves that are dry (Walnut or Oak even better), three strips of paper, a pen or pencil, a sage incense stick with a frankincense incense stick.

Please have a cup of water on standby when burning anything.
When reciting anything, aloud or silently is fine.

Set your bowl/burning dish/cauldron down on a stable surface. Place all three leaves in the bowl. Light the incense sticks; one on the left and one of the right sides of the bowl.

On the three strips of paper write:
1 - something you have from the past that you want to be free from.
2 - something you are currently hurting from.
3 - something you want to have peace with.

Once done writing, take the first strip of paper and the lighter. Start burning the strip of paper and place the burning paper into the bowl while reciting these words:
I set free the pain of the past so that I may create for myself a better future.

Take the second strip of paper, light it with the lighter, place the burning paper into the bowl, and recite these words:
I burn away what hurts me. I let the past fall away like the Autumn leaves.

Take the final strip of paper, light it with the lighter, and place the burning paper into the bowl while reciting these words:
I allow myself to have peace as the Fall begins and rolls into Winter.

As the strips burn and light the leaves on fire with them, allow them to turn to ash. Once the fire is out, scoop the ash into your hands and recite these words as you let the ash fall slowly from your hands to the earth beneath your feet (or back into the bowl to later be poured outside if inside):
May the Gods and Goddesses (or your preferred deity) watch over me as I move forward.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!!! <3 ~Pen

    ReplyDelete